The City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Parks & Recreation would like to thank you for your interest in our parks system. We have made some exciting changes to our park permitting process for 2020 in order to avoid the long lines and waiting that has occurred in prior years. Our goal is to be more accommodating to you so we hope these changes will improve your experience.
- 2020 Park Permit Application forms have moved to our new Recreation Portal
- When your online application is received, you will be contacted via email and provided with an in-person appointment time on December 5, 2019. During this appointment, we will discuss your application details, finalize your permit date, and we will collect your $200 deposit.
- If your total due is less than $200, you will be required to pay in full.
- If you need an invoice please contact our office and we will create one for you. Please note, we will be unable to accept any placeholder checks this year (the check submitted at your appointment must be cashable).
- In-person or mailed Park Permit Application forms will be accepted beginning December 10, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
- All applications will be time stamped as they are received and will be prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis. It is essential that you provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice dates for your event on your application. However, we will certainly do our best to offer you your preferred date.
Please see the attached page for important reminders about rules and regulations regarding the park permitting process. Any questions or concerns may be directed to Ms. Katie Sprich at (717) 232-3017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bureau of Parks & Recreation Staff